Car Price Guides - Parkers
There are a number of used car price guides available online, so it's well worth checking a few before buying your next car. Get a free valuation from Price Any Car with our free, fast and easy to use service.
Parkers Guide To Used Cars
Parker's Car Price Guide is a monthly magazine and, more recently, website listing prices for new and used cars in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1972 and is the longest-running price guide available to the public. It has expanded over the years to offer reviews, technical data and marketplace intelligence along with pricing. In addition to its printed price guide, Parker's offers reviews, pricing and cars for sale at its website. The portfolio of products has been edited by Kieren Puffett since 2004.
Parker's also offers valuations for commercial vehicles (vans and pick-ups) and motorbikes. Parker's is now owned and published by German company Bauer Media Group.
- 1972: Launch of the Parker's Car Price Guide. 1st issue: March 1972, priced at 20p
- 1973: Full colour front page
- 1998: Emap buys Parker's portfolio from Parker Mead
- 1999: parkers.co.uk website launches
- 2000: Website ABCe audit: 117,432 users
- 2001: Emap Consumer Media Website and Expanding Brand of the year
- 2001: Website ABCe audit: 316,621
- 2002: Parker's Car Price Guide and Parker's Older Car Price Guide merged
- 2003: Spot colour (red) introduced
- 2003: The company relocates from London to Peterborough
- 2005: Parker's Car Price Guide goes full colour and introduces pictures
- 2005: Website ABCe audit: 539,062 in March of this year
- 2005: Website ABCe audit: 706,054 unique users and 13 million page impressions
- 2006: Website ABCe audit: 1,005,658 unique users and 19,971,999 page impressions in March of this year
- 2008: Bauer Consumer Media acquires Emap's Media Division, including Parker's Car Price Guide
Source: Wikipedia (September 2011)
Parker's forum and iPhone application
Parkers forum of enthusiastic users had been online since at least 2002, offering a place for users to ask questions about buying, selling and car problems. A recent re-design saw the removal of the community however an excellent service is provided by the Honest John forum along similar lines and a small community of ex-Parker's forum users can be found on their self styled replacement Not Parkers.
Other used car price guides: